A Mom's Perspective

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Life Well Lived

I have spent the last few hours at the death bed of a saint.
There is most likley no place so holy or so precious.
There between this reality and the breath of heaven.
Is a peace so precious and strong.

I have witnessed a death surely approaching.
But a life so well lived that there are no regrets.
No words unspoken, No deeds undone.
No pangs of remorse, No qualms of conscience.

There is a light and sparke in her eyes.
A strength and urgency her grip.
She is so desperately still holding on.
Ignoring her pain. Making sure each loved one is at ease with her passing.

A mother and a Matriarch to the very end.
Her large and loving family hold vigil.
And I can see she knows this is her Heritage.
Her gift to give the world, her life reproduced in her children.

It's beautiful, she's beautiful.
And humble, She has no real idea of her impact on generations to come.
Of Children, Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren who will, because of her life,
Her love and her example become the hope of new families and communities.
This is the real circle of life.

I know because you see, I married her nephew.
She probably doesn't even know her impact on he and his brothers lives.
And consequently mine and my own girls.
She didn't think of herself as a rock and a foundation for life but she was.

From the moment I met keith I heard tales of 820 and "Grundy"
To three little boys from a Broken home "Grundy" became their ideal and hope.
It was a place of faith, Hope, Family, Hospitality and Love.
Where fathers didn't leave and mothers always put their children first.
Where there were always hot and happy mealtimes.
Values were taught, A place where Faith and Family and Country came first.

A place you were always welcome.
There would always be hot coffee and a tray of cookies.
Aunt Dolly would always hug and kiss you.
And sit and have a talk, and she really listened and she really cared.

Its so hard for them all to say goodbye I know.
But as I watch the beauty of her passing.
I know her secret. I can se it her beautiful, loving eyes.
Shes about to embark on the journey of a lifetime.

She knows she can go on in peace to her Savior and Her Sweetheart Uncle Bob.
Because she has fought the good fight, she has run her race,
And she has led a life to be proud of..... a life well lived.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Owens said...

I'm sorry to hear about this..she is a much better place now. She seemed like a really sweet lady, Heaven definately has one more angel now. It's good she can be with her husband now, they can walk hand in hand down a path of gold now. :) After my Grandma just passing away over a month ago, I found alot of peace reading this. Thank you for sharing, and again I'm sorry for your family's loss.

September 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger A Moms Perspective said...

Thank you Morgan, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I've lost both my parents and I know the emptiness that comes with loss but
I also know the peace that comes from knowing where they are and knowing how they lived their lives.

September 28, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home